Dedicated to America’s small business, this program will move the conversation beyond ransomware threats and provide specific guidance and resources for what small businesses can do to protect themselves better. Our goal for this program is that attendees leave the one-hour webinar with a sense of where they can find voluntary, low-cost resources - including CISA’s Ransomware Guide - to protect their businesses from ransomware. This is about turning strategy into business action plans for risk mitigation and incident response.
Alejandro N. Mayorkas, Secretary of Homeland Security, will discuss why ransomware is one of his top priorities and the focus for his first sprint, why ransomware is a national security priority, and why it is an issue for small businesses. According to a recent survey, 60% of small businesses do not believe that they will be a ransomware victim. This statistic should be concerning, since ransomware can pose an existential threat to small businesses.
The second part of the program will focus on business resilience and include a panel of experts from DHS and industry. The panel will discuss what market and industry risk-transfer resources are available to businesses.
- CISA Ransomware Guide
- Cyber Readiness Institute Ransomware Playbook
- RTF Report: Combatting Ransomware
- U.S. National Cyber Investigative Joint Task Force (NCIJTF) Ransomware Fact Sheet
- Preparing for a Cyber Incident - An Introductory Guide
- Preparing for a Cyber Incident - A Guide to Ransomware
- Preparing for a Cyber Incident - A Guide to Business Email Compromises
- Preparing for a Cyber Incident - Contacting Law Enforcement
- Preparing for a Cyber Incident - Reporting Cyber Incidents to the Federal Government