U.S. Chamber and CANSA Webinar Series on Strengthening Health Systems for Cancer Care - Register to attend the first webinar on the journey to diagnosis and treatment in South Africa
On International Cancer Survivors' Day 2022, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) announce a series of webinars bringing together public and private sector participants (industry representatives, think tanks, academicians, researchers). The aim is to discuss interventions to strengthen and equip the health system to support and sustain equitable access to cancer care to save and improve the lives of patients. The webinar series is a 'Call to Action' to all Government, Civil Society, Health Workers and Private Sector stakeholders to achieve quality, standardized, and equitable cancer care. We need to find creative, innovative ideas and solutions reflecting on best practices for investment in cancer screening, prevention, and evidence-based management.
The goal of this webinar series is to provide the foundation for a partnership of key stakeholders that will facilitate, inform and direct initiatives for broader and sustainable access to cancer care now and in the future. Our vision is that the collaborative arrangement established post the webinar series, will continue to meet biannually to ensure progress.
The following issues, amongst others will be addressed:
- How can we advance equitable access to cancer care? How can we make change happen?
- How do we broaden our early screening and detection services especially in underserved/ hard-to-reach communities?
- What are the innovative therapies that will save and enhance the quality of life of cancer patients?
- How do we make these therapies accessible and affordable and how do we invest our cancer spend for broader impact?
Register above to attend the first webinar to take place on July 14 at 9am EST/3pm SAST, which will focus on improving equitable access to cancer care, specifically the journey to diagnosis and treatment in South Africa.
Speaker's for the first webinar include:
- Ms. Buhle Lubuzo, MLCCP Patient Navigation Project Officer| College of Health Sciences at the University of KwaZulu-Natal – ‘From identification to mitigation of barriers towards optimal cancer care through improved care coordination’
- Ms. Lisle Naudé, Head of Diagnostics Portfolio Products, Siemens Healthineers – topic to be announced
- Professor Paul Ruff, on behalf of the National Department of Health – topic to be announced
- Dr. Francois Malherbe, Clinical lead in breast surgery at Groote Schuur Hospital at University of Cape Town – ‘Advanced stage at presentation and access to making the diagnosis in the correct way’
For more information about this series and the first webinar, please contact Danielle Munoz (email@example.com).
Thursday, July 14, 2022
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)