Equality of Opportunity: Entrepreneurship Task Force Meeting
Join us for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's second installment of the Equality of Opportunity: Entrepreneurship Task Force meeting.
Please join us Friday, June 11th from 11:00am-12:00pm EST.
Topic for Discussion
Senator Chris Coons of Delaware and Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina introduced the Next Generation Entrepreneur Corps Act early this Congress to address the underrepresentation of Minorities among entrepreneurs. The legislation creates an Entrepreneurship Fellow program to stimulate start-ups in low-income census tracts. S. 389 (H.R. 1226 in the House, sponsored by Representatives Jason Crow of Colorado and Troy Balderson of Ohio) creates the 2-year fellowships through a nation-wide competition and leverages private-sector financing through SBA-backed loans for both investors and fellows. A fact sheet on the legislation can be found at: http://bit.ly/CoonsScottECorpsSummary
- Tom Sullivan, V.P., Small Business Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Shivani Pampati, Economic Legislative Correspondent, Senator Chris Coons (D-DE)
- Kunal Parikh, Legislative Assistant, Senator Tim Scott (R-SC)
- Charles "Tee" Rowe, President/CEO, America's SBDC
- Bridget Weston, CEO, SCORE