The U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) is excited to announce the launch of the inaugural INDUS X conference, focused on Catalyzing Indo-U.S. Defense Innovation on June 21, 2023 at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Held right ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s State Visit to the United States, INDUS X is a momentous opportunity to accelerate U.S.-India co-development and co-production and to fortify the overall strategic partnership between both nations. Held at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the U.S. Department of Defense and Indian Ministry of Defence, this conference will pave the way to:
- Move towards the goals established in the U.S.-India roadmap for defense industrial cooperation
- Capitalize on the tech releasability outcomes that industry anticipates from the U.S.-India Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies (iCET)
- Explore joint opportunities in high-tech defense innovation, research, and development
- Strengthen bilateral trade relationships and defense establishment linkages.
- Enhance connectivity between American and Indian defense startups to encourage greater collaboration in defense technology
INDUS X has the potential to be a catalyst for India to achieve its target of $5 billion in defense exports by 2025, and for India to diversify its defense supply chain. The conference will feature an exhibition at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, where firms will showcase technologies and platforms that can benefit both countries in terms of border security, maritime domain awareness, space situational awareness, and more, contributing to a more stable and secure Indo-Pacific region. Through this conference, USIBC hopes to spark a culture of co-development and co-production between the U.S. and India.